“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 21 September 2010

Books, Books, Books,

Books, books, books, I just can't get enough of them.
When I was young, it suddenly dawned on me that I would never be able to read them all, no matter how much time I spent reading. That was a hard fact to take in at a tender age.
Even at the age of eleven, I took myself off to join the local library and was devastated when I couldn't join, but after obtaining an adults approval and signature I left with ten books weighing me down.....sheer bliss.
So its not surprising that I've always wanted to join a Book Club.
Previously the timing has never been right for one reason or another but upon arriving in Melbourne, I was invited to join a Club.

(incidentally it took me ages to choose which book's would feature in this photo. Some you can't even see but they're there....)

Not only has it been fantastic in providing great idea's and recommendations for books - some I certainly wouldn't have chosen for myself - I've met some lovely new friends.

Gossip, giggles, and generally great girlie nights with fantastic books to boot!

I can't recommend joining a Book Club more, although sadly I'm aware you probably won't find one as good as mine.

Happy Reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...