“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 26 November 2010

Cockatoo's come calling.....

I woke this morning to a cacophony of a group of cockatoo's visiting our neighbourhood. It wasn't a pleasant sound, I have to admit but not quite fingers running down the blackboard, but after a few hours it certainly begins to grate just the same. I have no idea what ever had fired them up but it certainly kept them going. But finally peace reigned and the melodious birdsong of the blackbirds became audible once again. Ahhh...........
But later this afternoon four cockatoo's returned and appeared in the tree outside my lounge window.
They began squawking to each other and so I gave one of my impersonations which actually went down well with the group. So much so in fact that one flew up onto the roof. I then heard his claws patter along coming nearer...then up he popped for a closer look at me.
Who's a pretty boy then?

He certainly is. I was just a little concerned whatever it was I was saying may have been inviting him in and the lounge door was wide open. After taking this photo I moved into the house just in case by some fluke he wanted to drink from my birdbath. And guess what.....

Fresh water ahhh.....
Good job I cleaned it yesterday.
I must have known I was going to have such a special guest

But then there wasn't a Cocka - two - there were three!!!

Its funny because after this I don't mind if they call again in the morning, just so long as they say 'Hi' in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...