“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Monday 7 February 2011

Gardiners Creek Overflow

I've seen many unusual sights since my move to the Gardiner Creek area, from streakers and men dressed in French Maid's outfits running through the undergrowth (possibly some dare, or stag night antic - moving on swiftly) but this past weekend, really left local residents and myself in shock. After a heavy thunderstorm lashed down on Friday night, which came unannounced, the creek rose to unprecedented high levels and overflowed in several parts.

These are not crop circles but the imprint from large water tanks. If you look into the distance you can see where the tanks were carried by the water flow.
Here's a close up.....

The power of nature never ceases to amaze me.
Its when you witness sights like these, that you appreciate it strength.

This tree trunk was lifted and placed right into the middle of an oval. On a personal level, we had water cascading down our interior hall wall, and an improvised shower through our spotlights in the bedroom. Thankfully, not the one's over our bed.
I'm not sure I'd like that kind of water bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...