“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Chocolate Dessert Cake - chocolishiousness

As promised here's the chocolishiousness recipe....and remember if you bake it on a Tuesday there's no calories involved. Recipe below....

I know....but with that much chocolate whose going to be thinking about the butter???



 I have a theory that I like to bake because there's no one to fight over licking the spoon or cleaning the bowl...whoops did I really confess to that? I remember back when my kids were small and after a baking session I turned to them all excited and said "Who'd like to lick the spoon?" Their faces were a picture. Horror and shock as to why they would want to do that....their faces just said....."we'll just wait for the cake to come out of the oven thanks". Maybe its just a different era thing, but I remember fighting with my sister and brother over it and being the youngest I didn't often win....

Nowadays there's always bars of chocolate, and sweet things on hand whenever....so who needs to eat uncook baking mix?


Chocolate Dessert Cake (many many portions - its rich)
125g Butter, chopped,
375g Dark Chocolate, coarsely chopped or broken up
1 cup (175g) Brown Sugar
1/4 cup (35g) plain (all purpose) Flour - sifted
2 tablespoon Milk
1 cup (120g) Almond Meal - ground almonds
5 Eggs
Cocoa, for dusting

Preheat oven to 170 degree's C (325F)
Grease and line with non-stick baking paper (base and sides) a 22cm round spring form tin.
Place Butter and Chocolate into a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Make sure that the bowl doesn't touch the water. Or use the microwave in short burst but I don't seem to be able to perfect this technique.
Add the sugar, flour, milk and almond meal and mix to combine.
Add the eggs and mix well.
Pour the mixture into a baking tin.

Cover the top of the tin with aluminium foil and bake for 40 minutes.
Uncover once removed from the oven and cool whilst still in the baking tin.
Remove baking paper and dust with cocoa and serve with cream and berries. Or whatever your preference might be.
I also bought these very girlie cupcakes for anyone who might not like chocolate :-O
 (not home baked I admit) 
So cute
Yum yum....may have to have another with a cuppa.
Well they won't keep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...