“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 14 June 2011

House Move 11 (Part 7) Help....?

Oh I'm in such a dilemma today...but then I've been here on numerous occasions. I have a real predicament.
It's not the volcanic ash coming from Chile, which is causing havoc with Australian flights, or climate change issues, although they are prevalent. It's that I have some of my daughters baby clothes and I just can't seem to pass them on. I know its time to shed them after all she's a beautiful, healthy, intelligent, grown woman, but I've moved these little treasures across many continents, keeping them safe in storage for 20+ years.

You may wonder why I've photographed a black bin bag....? Well, the little treasures are held within.

  I've shown my daughter the dresses, thinking she might want me to keep them, but she's ready to let go...its just me that has the difficulty. I know that she wouldn't want keep them herself and she's given me permission to throw or give them away. I just can't seem to do it.....I've tried - really....
I've moved the bag numerous times, thinking they're heading into the car, to drop off at the charity shop for less unfortunate families, but it never makes it into the boot!
Is it just a mother thing I wonder?  But when I think back, I managed to give my sons clothes away when overseas. This was easier to do, because they went to very new young mum with a baby boy, who needed a helping hand.

Does anyone have any idea how I can do this with the least trauma? I'd love to hear from you....  

This is the butchers paper used for wrapping our household items....  I just couldn't resist the white crisp paper - it just needed something on it, and I suppose I needed a distraction for a few minutes.  
If I had time, I'd be tempted to get out my pencils and paints.

Why do I have so much crockery??? :-0

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...