“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Sunday 9 October 2011

A Few Updates....

What a sporty weekend we're having....there's the fourth Rugby match blasting out here at the moment, as I try to hear myself type....we've had the football in between too, but the boys are happy, so I thought I'd nip in here with a quick update post.
I've not done one of these for a while so here goes.....
The main event is that we have a house guest. Yes, Zac arrived last night for his holiday, so Muffy's a happy bunny!


I couldn't resist snapping this shot of them looking through to the dining room. We were about to have a Sunday Roast and they weren't happy about not being included. They were sniffing all around the door frame trying to get the maximum smell if nothing else.


But then they did have their chicken dinner, so it all worked out in the end. Then the games commenced.... 

 I must try and get a video of all their antics. Its such fun to just sit and watch them at play. Today on our walk we tried using a joint lead (leash) It was so funny to see them trying to work it out, who got to take priority on which direction or sniff trail to follow.

At least you can see my handy work from the grooming course. I've had quite a few compliments on my handy work. Not sure how I'll get on when there's no experienced eye watching over me next time I have to clip her.


At the moment Muffin has just managed to fit into her bed. Zac has taken a liking to it, much to her disgust but well it is Zac, so she's curled up around him. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Anyone else would be given their marching orders.

Moving on with the update...remember the Flowering Hanging Mangers Well look how they've grown. They are still spreading out and only just coming to bud, but there's lots of potential there. I'll take another photo later in the season to show how they bloom {hopefully}


 And then the surprise news of the week....
I've been pottering about near the water tank off and on and noticed that every time I went near this particular spot, a startled dove would fly away. It happened so many times that I thought I'd take a peek and look what I found....

Unfortunately, I really had to take a few quick snaps not wanting to disturb the mother or the nest for too long. Apparently, they are notorious for abandoning the nest so I didn't want that responsibility. But the last news was my OH checked and the mother was sitting back on the nest so, so far all's well. They should be happy because we have a water bath which has fresh water daily and the huge seed block hanging near by. No need to scavenge here at this address. Unfortunately I was hoping that they may have spread the word to the lorikeets, but nothing happening there yet. But you never know?

I would love to give a final update on the painting but what can I say....no excuses I just haven't got back to it. I've managed to put the gutta on {the resist that stops the flow of paint over the silk - its like gum or glue consistency}and the design is done so we're beginning to get there, but it will be into next week before I can show you. Hopefully it will be worth the wait ; )

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful find Neesie!! How wonderful! I love your two pups, how gorgeous they are! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s never a dull moment here...I'm trying to maintain being top dog! But not convinced I'm managing it :{

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...