“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 25 October 2011

The Simple Woman's Day Book


FOR TODAY ~ Wednesday, 26th October 2011

Outside my window...Dare I say  it yet again....the sun is shining in a clear blue sky. But a little bird told me that its quite chilly outside at the moment. There's just a smidgen of a fresh breeze making the leaves shadow dance upon the bedroom wall.

I am thinking...Will I be able to type or concentrate whilst Muffin and Zac greet each other excitedly and their play begins. You'd think they hadn't seen each other for months instead of just whilst they slept.

I am thankful...for friends that I can just call up anytime for a chat or meet up for a cuppa and a catchup.

In the kitchen...unfortunately there's the left over smell of last nights chicken curry : {

I am wearing...I'm still in bed so never you mind! (again ~ I seem to be repeating myself on this one)

I am creating...a list of all the things that are beginning to crowd my thoughts. I need to write them down to get them out. Maybe then they'll be more room for the more creative idea's to form. I'm hoping so.
I've got a fresh piece of silk stretched and waiting for me on its frame.....

I am going...to the Melbourne Cup but not today obviously. Its on Tuesday but there's events and races for the whole week. It's a constitution here in Melbourne. Posh hats and frocks....so a lovely excuse to get dressed up. People have the day off work to either go to the races or to gather with friends and family. There's always a very happy holiday atmosphere.

I am wondering...if this internet connection will last until I actually hit the button and post. Apologies for today's entry I'm a little distracted with this ongoing problem. What did we do before we had the internet????

I am reading...'At Home with the Templetons' by Monica McInerney. After reading 'The Lost Wife' by Alyson Richman, I wanted an easy light read and this book certainly delivered on that front.


When the Templeton family from England takes up residence in a stately home in country Australia, they set the locals talking – and with good reason. From the outside, the seven Templetons seem so bohemian, unusual... peculiar even.
No one is more intrigued by the family than their neighbours, single mother Nina Donovan and her young son Tom. Before long, the two families' lives become entwined in unexpected ways, to the delight of Gracie, the sweetest of the Templeton children.
In the years that follow, the relationships between the Templetons and the two Donovans twist and turn in unpredictable and life-changing directions, until a tragedy tears them all apart. What will it take to bring them together again?
Its a wonderfully entertaining and touching story about the perils and pleasures of love, friendship and family.

A perfect holiday read but I'll certainly be ready for a more challenging book after this one.

I am hoping...that my internet stops being so annoying. Its been playing up for about a week now...hence less posts. But so far this morning it appears to be okay. Fingers crossed it carries on behaving.

I am looking forward to...still the same answer here...I just get so excited when I think about having my daughter come to stay : D I just can't wait for Christmas when she arrives.

I am hearing...my son shout 'goodbye' as he heads off out for the day. The two dogs gruffing and growling whilst they wrestle and play with each other. A helicopter fly by. The usual cacophony of birds song. The odd car passing and the usual tap tap tapping of the keyboard.

Around the house...there's quite a few clothes to put away...well as I've mentioned in Melbourne you need layers. Unfortunately the last few days have been hot, cold, cool, windy, wet and stormy.... you need a fair amount of gear to cover that lot. So they're still hanging around.

I am pondering...on the fact that there's only eight weeks to go before Christmas arrives....EEK! I better get planning and pondering some more.

One of my favorite things...My cuppa! Need I say more.....?

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Trying out a new restaurant with friends. The museum exhibition I never made it to last week. The  Melbourne Cup festivities.

Here is a picture I am sharing...
The Melbourne Cup

{photo from hellotravel.com}
And there you have it.....my day book for this week. Now I really do need to get some breakfast and get on with the day...these dogs don't walk themselves.....
 Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries!

2 comments:

  1. What a scary Christmas thought!! I need to get my act together and get it sorted! I used to have nightmares that it was Christmas Eve and I hadn't done a thing and had no presents for the children etc. Yes, I am a worry wart! That book sounds good! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it gave me a fright too when I worked out how many weeks to go. The retailers here aren't like in the UK dressing their shops in August! so you don't get early reminders.
    They're just starting to display a few items now...but I seriously have to get into gear, otherwise that nightmare might well come true for me.

    Good Luck for your appointment xxoo

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...