“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Simple Woman's Day Book


FOR TODAY, Wednesday 9th November 2011...

Outside my window...All the greenery looks lush due to quite a few rainstorms over this last week. Add the sunshine/heat to that mix and they are the perfect ingredients for nature at its finest. The branches are gently swaying in the slight breeze, which is drifting into my bedroom. Beautiful.

I am thinking...there's reports that we are due for a big thunderstorm this afternoon, with a month’s rain in one go! At least we're on higher ground in this house. I'd better get Muffin walked ready for her to go under the bed if it does come {poor thing}. Yep, Zac went home on Sunday, so the party's over.


I am thankful...that the internet is working so that I can keep in touch with everyone. It’s been very temperamental over the last week or so what with the stormy weather and all. Hence not so many posts since last week. I like to think you missed me?


In the kitchen...devastation! I hosted our monthly book club meeting last night so there's quite a lot of debris that needs my attention. Although I did clear quite a bit last night plus my OH helped and loaded the dishwasher whilst I was nattering away in the other room. It’s great when you have good staff!


I am wearing...half the bedclothes. Only half because well it’s rather warm and yes I'm still in bed.


I am creating...I won't say 'nothing' again this week because I had a conversation with my daughter during the week about just this very subject and the fact I'm not creating anything at the moment. She told me blogging is creative plus not to forget my photography. So I decided I wouldn't beat myself up about trying to get back to painting {maybe that way I might actually open the floodgates and get over this block} When did she get so clever...mind you, if I think back she's always been switched on ~ but then I taught her everything she knows...she'll laugh at this part when she reads it because its a standard joke between us ; D


I am going...to relax and do very little today once I've got everywhere back to normal and cleared all last night’s glasses and dishes. I'm suffering from a weird chest this week ~ not weird in a funny looking sort of way ~ I just think something’s lurking and about to strike. I feel there could be an infection starting so I want to rest up to try and prevent it getting a hold. If not I'll be heading to the Doctor's....ugh!


I am wondering...if they have the storm weather predictions right because we now have blue sky appearing.
Typical, Muffin and I went out in the rain trying to be clever and miss the worst of the weather....we should have waited but you never know in Melbourne.
Yep, I left this post from first thing this morning if your confused and just came back to complete it. I normally do complete it in one go but I didn't want to get caught in the storm.

I am reading....a recommendation from some of the girls from my book club ~ The Book Thief by Australian author Markus Zusak.


It's just a small story really, about among other things: a girl, some words, an accordionist, some fanatical Germans, a Jewish fist-fighter, and quite a lot of thievery. . . .
Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak's groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can't resist-books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau.
This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul.

This will be my third book from this era so after I've finished it I'll be looking into a completely new genre....if you have any recommendations then please just leave me a comment below....I'd love to hear from you.

I am hoping....that my chesticles don't progress into an infection.

I am looking forward to...you guessed it...the Christmas holidays and my daughters visit to Melbourne....Yeeha....bring it on!!!

I am hearing...the radio in the background that's still warning about the pending storm. I think I'll head onto the Internet and check The BOM as its called here to see the radar and that way I'll see if anything is coming our way.

Around the house.... other than the odd chair in the wrong room and papers, mats and coaster and generally things used last night, everywhere is very tidy I'm happy to report. Well I did blitz for the girls coming round so I can rest up today without a guilty conscience. {Why do woman have such consciences???}

I am pondering... how quickly this year has gone and where did it go?

One of my favorite things...Muffin curled up at my feet, gently snoozing and snoring away but ready to join me whenever I move as my constant companion and shadow.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I'll be taking things easy for maybe a day or two in the hope that I don't need the Doctor but I'll be working through a Book Catalogue for recommendations our Book Club for 2012.
Also I want to have another session in the studio with the silk paints. I won't give up.
I really need to visit the hairdressers but the timings strange now .....is it too far from the holiday period and I'll need to go twice before Christmas? But its also too long to wait until a few weeks time....I need help now.
I also really need to get ideas together for gifts and better still start purchasing pressies....only a few weeks to go...eek!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

{Chestnuts}
With the holidays season looming I'm starting to think about recipes. I have a chestnut stuffing recipe that was given to me by my mother-in-law when I first got married, which I've used every year. Its always a family favourite. But we may have a dilemma this year....there's talk in the ranks that we may not want a turkey!!!
Not sure about that...but I'll keep you posted as they say.

Well that's it for today . . . my day book for this week. Don't forget to hop on over to the Simple Woman to check out the other day book entries!

2 comments:

  1. Neesie, I can just picture you sitting in your bed posting this with the hot Australian sun beaming through your windows! What a pretty picture!! That book looks really good. Have you read any books by Lisa See?? Snow Flower and the Secret Fan was really good. I love books that are historical and these ones featuring Chinese history fascinate me. Have a lovely week! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie, can you now picture me battening down the hatches ready for the storm that the weather bureau have been warning about all day? It may well be finally coming...there's lots of dark clouds on the horizon : (
    I haven’t read any of those books you suggest, so they’re on my list. I too love historical books so they sound great. Thanks for the suggestions.
    By the way, I meant to come and comment on your posts today but the internet as I said has been a battle....and one that I feel I’ve lost.
    I hope you’re having a very special Anniversary with Todd and that you get to be with your daughter on her wedding day : D

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...