“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Are you free to join me in a walk?

I thought if you had a few minutes free you might like to join me on our morning walk?
It was Zac's last morning with us...yep his holiday's over and he's back home, probably enjoying being spoilt...you know how they do that to us? Sulking because they were left behind...how could they go without ME? I'll show them! etc etc...
Madame Mufftypup has had a very quiet afternoon sulking in her bed....but I've told her we'll see him again soon (^,,^) but she's not convinced.
Anyway...let's enjoy the day and our walk. It certainly was a beautiful morning. There was a crispness to it but then autumn is approaching here. We've had 31C degrees today which is crazy. So off we go.....
Here are the kids enjoying a roam off leash...so many things to investigate! 
Doggy heaven...

As you may know if you've visited me before I adore trees so here's a beautiful specimen. I always expect the trunk to feel warm like its alive which I know it is, but you know what I mean...like its a limb of a huge animal with pale skin. I know I frighten the kids sometimes...I know I'm strange : )

I love the white revealed once the bark falls away.

The sun was delicious and I really appreciated it...
These cuties caught my eye to ~ like a fairy village. It's amazing what you notice once you start to blog. Everything shouts out at you for a photograph...(oh no...tell me it's not just me again?)

This bird I believe is a Butcherbird. I think it may be a Grey Butcherbird but it could be a Pied Butcherbird.
The sky was cloudless and then I noticed the moon. How brilliant is that...it forgot to go to bed. Maybe it wanted to enjoy the day too?

Look there's someone else flying by... 
This plane was circling around and around...not sure why?
It wasn't the usual thing to see so I hope it was okay?
Sorry its a little blurred but my zoom isn't that good!
 How amazing is this paper bark...I'm told you can paint and draw on it...hmm...food for thought there.

 I know I mention the rainbow lorikeets regularly on my blog but today I finally managed to get up close and personal...They were sitting and chatting in a garden...so I snapped them whilst I could.

 This seed block is the one they visit ~ not mine unfortunately. I won't give up though.
How rude of them to ignore mine : (


 Now then, here's a little quiz for you...what is this? I haven't a clue but I loved his wings.

After the treelined walk we come to a couple of ovals for a quick game of footy. Muffin has always been a very keen player. It's amazing how fast her little legs will go.

The tallest building in the background is the Eureka building in the CBD... I plan to visit one day but I'm not sure about the glass cube which projects 3 metres out from the building, with you in it - suspended almost 300 metres above the ground! It's the only observation deck in the world that can thrill you with 'The Edge' suspended almost 300 metres above the ground! Eek!
The Skydeck is situated on the 88th floor and is the highest public vantage point (285m) in the Southern Hemisphere. If I do visit then I'll definitely either take you with me or let you see evidence that I was there.


Back to earth....as well as the blackbirds I never expected to see oak trees here. But I'm so glad they are.

And so back home for a well needed cuppa...and the final splash of colour.

Have a wonderful day...keep smiling and enjoy your day : D

12 comments:

  1. Neesie... I love that hibiscus shot and always love seeing beautiful shots of gums... Muffin is too sweet... I have a little Maltese called Mushu who looks quite like muffin... or at least he did before he got his hair cut today... lovely to enjoy your walk with you... mind you it was hotter in Melbourne than it was in Brisbane today... glad to have found you via Kimmie and look forward to coming back again soon...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, thanks for your lovely comments. I'm so glad that you had time to walk with me today.
      I have seen Mushu and he does look like Muffy. She certainly knows how cute she looks and gets away with murder ~ does Mushu work it too?
      Melbourne is a very strange place regarding the weather and you never know what to expect...Jacket off...jacket on...jacket off!
      I'm glad that you found me to and hopefully we'll chat again soon :D

      Delete
  2. Some amazing pictures! I used to enjoy going for long walks but now I'm unable to because of my mobility problems. I love looking up through trees and yours you've pictured are fantastic. Eek that Eureka building looks intriguing and scary! Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what lovely comments Zo...thank you so much. I feel so priviledged and lucky to be able to walk every morning. The weather and scenery all start the day off perfectly.
      Hmm...yeah I'm not sure about that Eureka building. In my younger days I wouldn't think twice but unfortunately now something squeals in my head...don't do it!!!
      The view is amazing though. :D

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the delightful walk. Your photography is wonderful,I too love trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could join me Jo....
      Thanks for the compliment too. I have so many photos of trees so its nice that I'm not alone :D

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post, enjoyed my walk with you, fabulous pictures, just love those trees, Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another tree lover! I'm happy that you joined me May and that you like my photography. I really enjoyed it to.
      By the way, I haven't forgotten about the award...I will organise things as soon as I finish my two posts today! It's all go! LOL :D

      Delete
  5. What a great collection of lovely things! I can never understand people who go out for a walk and allegedly "don't see anything!! There is ALWAYS something good to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Hello Mark, great to see you back ;)
      I have the same view...there's always so much juggling for my attention and camera lens.
      Since I started blogging it's become even worse...but I love it! It makes me look at everything so differently, as you well know :D

      Delete
  6. It looks like a beautiful day where you are! I love the gum trees - we had lots of those all around us when we lived in California - the smell is so clean. Here in Washington State we have lots and lots of pine trees - which are pretty too - but very dark and mossy - I always imagine that they breathe. Funny thing about that - it scares my kids too when I say things like that!

    ... thank you for stopping by my blog today and leaving such kind words - you are welcome any time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmie, another beautiful day here again, so I've enjoyed yet another walk. Today was more chatting with friends and photographic shoot.
      I have a huge pine tree in the garden, so I know exactly what you mean...it seems I'm constantly sweeping up the needles!
      Thanks for popping by and hope to chat again soon =)

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...