“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 30 March 2012

Autumn - I think not!

I feel I've been neglecting my ordinary posts lately, over my arty ones. Many due to having to cajole my artistic mojo to stay put and be productive...like a demanding child it appears to have taken over slightly and calling all the shots! So a firm hand maybe needed to balance everything.
To help maintain that balance how about this shot on my early morning walk today? When I was a child we used to call this light effect 'the fingers of God'. I stopped in my tracks quite literally to capture the moment. Click!


 Unfortunately the camera didn't really do it justice but it gives the idea. 
Did I say it was autumn?....but we've had temperatures up to 27C. How crazy is that? But I'm not complaining...its perfect. 

I had an appointment this morning which was the reason for the earlier walk ~ Muffin was hardly awake when she heard the rattle of her lead... It didn't deter her though, up she sprang, she wouldn't miss out, on anything especially her morning walk!
My appointment was near to where we used to live when we first came to Melbourne, so it was good to see some of my regular old haunts. This park pictured below was the first real park, grass, trees, off leash area, that Muffin had ever seen, once she escaped quarantine. Not literally obviously, but she'd done her time.

It's a priviledge to walk around some of these parks here in Melbourne and today was no exception. The grass cutting tractor was busy too...(big breath in....ahh that smell) I wonder how many more grass cutting days are left?

 The climate today as I mentioned (I did mention it didn't I. sorry don't want to rub it in ;D) was perfect for a workout in the open air. Not that I did, with having an appointment...otherwise I might (yeah...right)
There are very often groups or individuals exercising in the open areas. If you look closely in the background of the photo below you'll see one lady being put through her paces. I didn't want to get too near with the camera ~ it doesn't seem fair to capture someone in their sweaty, vulnerable state. I know I'd want to swing my dumbbell if anyone tried to photograph me doing my work out!

 Just a quickie today to let you see that although it's classed as autumn, we're not suffering in any way ;D
In fact we're doing mighty fine!
Busy weekend planned but whatever you're up to enjoy and keep smiling :D

11 comments:

  1. Hi Ros, How's life in your part of Melbourne today? Good I hope.
    The park featured in the photos was Fawkner Park in South Yarra :D
    Looking forward to the weekend...have a good one ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous and you take some lovely pictures. I do enjoy popping by to see them. Thanks for sharing. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the photos Zo, because I really love taking them. I think that's the part I like the best about blogging.
      The trouble sometimes I have to hide my poor old broken camera especially when other people have the all singing, all dancing models. We've been through a lot together :D
      Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by xox

      Delete
  3. you live in a truly beautiful part of the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Kimmie ~ I'm incredibly lucky...but I have to say I've also lived in some challenging ones too.
      Have a wonderful weekend...Enjoy :D

      Delete
  4. It seems odd that here we are right in the throes of spring and there are you heading into autumn. When I was a child I thought those streams of light were the fingers of God too! It must be a universal thought! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that spring has arrived for you all because by the time you've finished with your dark days and winter weather you need spring!
      Here the winter isn't as severe and the sun is a regular visitor so it doesn't seem quite on the same level...having said that it's always nice to welcome spring. We put the clocks back last night so there's no going back now. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Oh, if I had a walk like that I would out each morning. It is sure beautiful there; nice weather too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Pat,
      No matter whether you want to walk or not initially there's always something to admire, inspire or discover. It's a great way to start the day :D
      Thanks for stopping by...have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Your pictures are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, I love to just capture whatever takes my eye ;D
      Thanks for popping over and leaving a comment. I get very excited when there's comments waiting for me :D
      I know but I can't help it! Have a great week.

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...