“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 16 March 2012

Getting to know you....

Yesterday was quite a challenge for me because although I think I can multi-task and spin all the plates at once, my super powers came crashing down to earth...I locked my car keys in the boot of my car!
Yes, I know ~ what a numpty! Don't worry I called myself all the names under the sun and even some colourful one's that I didn't even know I knew.
A poor woman passerby witnessed it too which added to my embarrassment. She did offer to help but was probably thankful when she realised she couldn't and could run from the crazy woman.
I had been shopping and all the bags plus the stupid trolley that would only move impersonating a crab, all became too much in the pre thunderstorm temperature. The trolley had also taken me on a wide goose chase down all the concrete slops that allow you to get to ground level, but make you walk miles further than you needed to go. I managed to just open the boot of the car, keeping one foot on the trolley again to stabilise whilst putting large boxes and bags in...Then I shut the boot....!
To cut this long story short my knight in shining armour came to the rescue...aren't friends wonderful? Spare key rounded up from home and whisked to me on a white chariot : D (thanks once again for coming to the rescue : ))
So when I finally returned home a good strong cuppa was needed and for the remainder of the day I took myself away in a darkened room out of harm’s way!

But later came my next challenge of the day...Ange from Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String  tagged me in her blog - hoping I'll answer a few "get to know you better" questions...
Well what can you do when she asked so nicely...plus she was so complementary to my new art work...I couldn't possibly refuse. So here we go...

 1) When I wake up in the morning I usually....reach for my cuppa that's somehow mysteriously appeared on my bedside cabinet.

2) My idea of sheer bliss is...curled up with a fantastic book, with a cuppa to hand and Mufftypup snoozing next to me...gently snoring. Oh and unlimited amounts of chocolate (with no guilt attached, now that would be good)

3) The person I would most love to kiss is....other than my OH obviously (I need that first cuppa in the morning and he might read this) it would have to be hmm.....(puckering up lips)....got to be drop dead gorgeous George ~ Clooney that is...not my neighbour!  (Is that just too predictable for a old chick like me....but it's a question I haven't asked myself lately)

4) I always laugh when...I'm with the girlies. It's amazing how much giggling can be done over such weird and wonderful topics... sometimes surprisingly even without the aid of alcohol.

5) It's most irritating when...shopping trolley's want to be crabs and keys decide to hide in the boot of your car!

6) If there's one thing I know for sure it's...how blessed I am by having such a wonderful family not always near enough to hug but always in my heart.

7) I wish I knew how to...speak many languages, take photographs like a National Geographical or BBC photographer, play the guitar and piano, fly a plane, swim like an Olympic champion, mind read (wouldn't that be cool), cook like a Michelin chef, listen more than I talk....cure the sick, keep all children safe and well fed, find the cure for all the nasty diseases out there, house the homeless...okay getting a little serious now...so that'll do, I think you get the gist!

8) Everyone has to agree that....we share this planet and need to all get along ~ we're only here for such a short time, so need to make the most of it.

9) I know it's just not possible but I'd really love to...click my fingers and the 12,000 miles distance from my loved ones would disappear. And...getting greedy now...be able to know what goes through Muffin's mind...I know probably not alot but it could answer so many questions like why she insists on licking my OH's little toe on his left foot! Not the right or anyone elses. Probably a little too much information there....

10) I find it fascinating that...I've settled so well into life in Melbourne. I didn't expect to especially with travelling and constantly having to make a new home wherever we've stayed. I've never settled this well before. I've always managed but wanted to return home. I'm not sure how long we'll be staying here in Melbourne, but for now I'm a happy bunny. Bring my family here and I'd be ecstatic : D

11) I dance because....my body just has a will all of its own when I hear music. Music always motivates me and I love most, so there's always a dance waiting to break out.

Phewph...not sure that the above is going to be interesting to anyone. Yes Ange it did take quite a while and lots of deep thinking to come up with those answers....

Why don't you pop over to Brown Paper Packages Tied Up With String for a visit if you can. I'm sure you'll enjoy your visit.

But I can't leave a post without a photo..you know me....so here's one I took earlier. 

 Have a great weekend...keep smiling :D

10 comments:

  1. Your a legend Neesie. Thanks for taking the time! Have a super duper weekend... Who knows you might even bump into George Clooney :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish...I'll keep my eyes peeled ;D
      Have a wonderful weekend too xo

      Delete
  2. Loved your answers Neesie and am glad that you were finally able to get into your car. We recently locked ourselves out of the house. Thankfully we had a key buried out in the garden. It took some looking but we did find it eventually and thankfully it wasn't raining! Love the acorn picture. Great oaks from little acorns grow. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, sorry I haven't had the time to visit you recently. It's been a really crazy week...maybe that's why I locked myself out of the car! It really is a good idea to keep a key hidden isn't it? ;)

      I love the fact that there's oak trees here too. Once again thanks to the Victorian's. It shows that we're into autumn now so you must be enjoying spring!
      Hope your weekend will be wonderful xoxo
      p.s. I'll be popping by soon promise :D

      Delete
  3. I love your posts Nessie, This one really did make me (lol) Have a great weekend and sweet dreams of (george) oops I hope your DH dont read this!! tell him its a new crafty item on the market!! x x x Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I made you giggle...that's what its about. Well my OH knows all about George, then there's Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman...the list goes on!
      Have a great weekend and I hope to visit soon :D

      Delete
  4. a funny little post - because you had a happy ending! keep giggling, keep dancing .... and let the trolleys go where they will sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Kimmie we have to remember we share this planet even with wayward trolleys!
      Hope your weekend is going well. :D

      Delete
  5. Love your post and answers. That's a long way from loved ones and it's hard to be so far. Sometimes the world is too big. Hope you have a better week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if people would like that particular post, so thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment ~ I appreciate it.
      Yep the world is a big but thankfully with the technology we have today we're able to make it so much smaller. I have my sister-in-law visiting for the first time in three weeks, so I'll be a busy bunny then making sure we sell Oz (not a hard job to do).
      Have a great week and hope to chat again soon :D

      Delete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...