“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 23 March 2012

Having A Hoolie Day.....

Its batten down the hatches today...with a hoolie blowing in and I have heard the words "be prepared for hail" and unbelievably 'snow' was even mentioned.
So does this mean that summer has finally packed its bags and headed off to visit some other part of the world? Hopefully it may be where you are...but don't forget to send it back!
I'm going to miss it terribly, but I know they'll be lots of other things to keep me busy whilst its away. Plus all the autumn colours haven't really arrived yet...

 I do love to see all the changes that each season brings as I've mentioned before....living in countries previously where there are little changes from one month to another, except from hot to hotter weather, or dry dusty conditions to a few droplets of rain that hardly meet on the tarmac, can leave you wanting.
Although most of the trees haven't got organised yet with their new autumn wardrobes...my potted grapevine has really pulled all the stops out.

 There's still so much happening in the garden and I was thrilled to see that the birdcage plant has flowered. I wasn't really ready, but it decided to bloom without much help from me.

Plectranthus Oerthendahlii (Brazilian Coleus)
I'm really pleased that it feels so comfortable and at home here with us :D

I came across one of the flowers that I'd featured on a previous blog...well it wasn't the flower that featured but the seed pods that looked like little aliens and someone had asked what it was...I knew I'd got a photo of the flower somewhere in my files, but gave up trying to find it, as it liked hiding! This little specimen must have been feeling very brave to be still on show...

I now know its a Butterfly Iris! (there's always something new to learn in blogdom)

I also passed my tree today, I say my tree because I helped to plant it along with lots of other plants way back in September 2010...and what a fine specimen its turning out to be...  

 LOL....I bet that got your attention....obviously this isn't the one I planted, but I have great hopes for my little treelet! Isn't this tree incredible? So tall and straight....
Here's the real one that I planted...modelled beautifully by my extremely exclusive models. Thankfully Zac and Muffin didn't christen the tree by marking it as theirs! For that matter nor did my friend!!!! ;D


I hope you can make out which tree it is...it's central in this photo.

The sun is shining so I think I should wrap up, tie the hair away and get outside to get on with some of those gardening jobs...I want to replant my hanging mangers to a winter display with plants that will be happy through the cooler months...but then the studio is calling me...oh decisions, decisions....

Good Luck to everyone who has entered into the 'The Iron Man Triathlon' on Sunday here in Melbourne ~  I'm sorry I couldn't enter this year...I'm so disappointed as you can imagine....but its my ankle, knees, hips, shoes, wind direction, well you know how it is?....who knows I may be free next year :-$

For everyone else not in the race...have fun this weekend and keep smiling  :D

7 comments:

  1. I love seeing your pictures, and how things are changing in your seasons across the world. Here we are entering Spring, today is a lovely blue sky, sun shining kind of day, and boy is it welcome to stay. Zo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the sun's shining here too but its feeling chilly. The first night we have had to put the fire on.
      Now don't forget you can have spring and summer for a while but you have to give them back in a few months time!
      Have a wonderful weekend :D

      Delete
  2. Our early spring heat wave has cooled a bit but everything is soooooooo green I don't mind.
    Promise to send some back your way but will take time to enjoy it first!
    Stay warm....Hugs, Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy Jo,
      I really don't mind the winter months here in Oz...It’s certainly nothing like a UK winter, so I can't complain. It's just that today came as rather a shock. The sun still shines though which makes all the difference. Enjoy you're spring :D

      Delete
  3. Some beautiful photos you posted, especially the Iris. I can't wait until my iris flowers. Looks like lovely weather too. Too nice for snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelli, thanks for popping by...
      We didn't actually see snow (no surprise there) or even hail for that matter thankfully. Even in winter we have quite a lot of beautiful warm sunny days.
      I'm now planning my winter flower mangers so that'll keep me happy.
      Plus the trees are only just beginning to blush, so we have all their beautiful colours to come :D
      Enjoy your spring and I'm sure your Iris will be with you before you know it ;)

      Delete
  4. Your flowers are so beautiful, especially the butterfly flower. I cannot believe the number of cockatoos. I have to say, I am glad we don't have those over here. They mi8ght frighten away our already diminishing garden birds. Have a lovely time using and filling up your new craft room. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...