“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ....Oscar Wilde

Friday 19 December 2014

Decoration or devastation?

I can't believe that it's been over a week since I last blogged. 
So what have I been up to...??? 
Up and down ladders fighting with Christmas fairy lights... or decorating the house from top to toe for the Christmas holiday... or dashing around the shops participating in rugby style tackles for those last minute pressies and bargains... or planning menu's for the big day... or...
pulling out a fireplace to install a new wood burner which caused a snowdrift an inch thick of dust in every nook and cranny of the house. 
Yep that'd be the one (will I ever learn... apparently it appears not)
I'm not sure if this is the reno carried over from Phase 1 or the beginning of Phase 2
Well when the main man says can we come to start work on your fireplace this week, what can you say? 
Yes of course I'd like nothing better. 

Here's the evidence...
Impressive isn't it? 
But at least the sun was shining...
And finally the mess started to clear...
I just kept my fingers crossed that it'd be completed in time to get everything in order before Christmas Eve.
We just need a little plastering here a bit of painting there...
A maiden flight...
and voila!
Now the mad panic to get the furniture back in... plus adding a little Christmas magic.
No problem... there's plenty of time right!!! 
(hyperventilating hysterically here...)

I'll hopefully get there... 
and then I'll be able to come back to wish you all a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year.
https://secure.quebles.com/content/hotmail/emoticons/1511763.gif

11 comments:

  1. Oh my, you are indeed very brave to have this go ahead so close to 'the' day, but it appears to have been a success, so good on ya! It's done, over with and there to enjoy during the Winter, which has only just really started, and slowly at that. But OH so dark! Isn't it just?! Wee Man went to school, literally, in the dark this morning! Not that it bothered him he loves going out in the dark and seeing all the lights and especially this time of year when there are lit Christmas trees to see through undrawn curtains.
    Super congratulations to Nic on the continued success of her business. *Here's* to it continuing even after the festive season is over :o))
    TTFN xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brave or stupid... I'm not quite sure which at the moment ;D
      I've still got quite a lot of sorting but it's transformed the whole room already. I've spent the afternoon putting furniture etc back into the room and it looks great even at this early stage.
      I can't complain about the weather this week Mo, because it's been great here. Cold but bright which is fine by me. My hubby has managed to cycle into work for most of this week which for December is a bonus.
      I don't blame Wee Man for taking a peek...I always like to see the Christmas trees through undrawn curtains too... I'm thinking it's not being nosy because they would shut the curtains if they didn't want to be looked at.
      Thanks so much for your kind words about Nicola's business. We're all thrilled that it's going so well. I've been keeping busy helping her as well as the main dust collector. The Post Office staff are going to invite us to their Christmas lunch as we're virtually part of the staff now.
      I hoping that the sun shines for you this weekend... have fun and enjoy the festivities.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I think it always takes a little mess to make beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could be right Laurie, the room is looking better already ;D
      It'll be lovely when it's done.
      I'm hoping to have it finished by the end of this weekend.
      Enjoy your weekend and festivities
      Stay cosy xoxo

      Delete
  3. You are going to enjoy your new source of warmth and coziness very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A week before Christmas! You're a brave woman! Now if that had been my project the workman would still be there the dust would now be 2" deep...... Have wonderful christmas if I don't see you before. Warm hugs and a hot cuppa from FL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That does look worth all the mess and trouble! Christmas comes whether we are ready for it or not, but I bet you will be ready. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, id have secretly poisoned that guy AFTER he finished the fireplace!! only days before christmas???! i know the rule ids never say no to the renovators but geez.sending all my love and my cleaning fairies to help you. i warn you though, they're lazy little twits! hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely this is a site well worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny how work like this always seems to need to be done at the most inconvenient moment. I think you will feel that it has been worth it in the end though. That burner looks really homely (and it's probably a lot easier than having an open fire!). Hope you have a happy Christmas - and manage to sit still for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I can believe you haven't blogged for over a week as I've been the same. Good to be able to see what you've been up to. Well at least you'll be warm and toasty for Christmas - says she reaching for the air conditioner remote... I'm sunburnt today, because we have been out erecting a sunshade in the garden...
    Two more days and then we move to the beach for 10 days - yippee!!
    If we don't speak before, have a good one!
    See you on the other side!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

I get so excited to see you here and love to read your thoughts and comments.
I always try to answer each one personally (I think it's only polite)
...♥...I truly appreciate your precious time here so thank you ...♥...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...